It is SO hard for me to find healthy-ish snacks for my kids and with school starting tomorrow I have been trying to come up with things to send in their lunch boxes that will fill my kiddos up without all of the sugar. I came across this muffin recipe and my kids love them! I added dried cranberries and they were a huge hit.
My favorite part about this recipe is that the flour is actually ground up rolled oats. They add such a nutty flavor to the muffins.
Oatmeal and Cranberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups ground toasted old-fashioned oats (I put them in my blender until they were flour consistency)
1 cup of whole old-fashioned oats
2-3 large overripe bananas
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup of honey
3/4 cup of almond milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash bananas well (I use my mixer to get out all lumps)
- Add eggs, honey, milk and vanilla and mix to combine
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Stir in dried cranberries
- Pour muffin mixture into muffin tin lined with wrappers about 3/4 way full
- Bake at 350 for about 23 minutes
I would love for you to share your favorite snacks and recipes for kids in the comments below!
I found this recipe on Bren Did and she has some other AMAZING muffin recipes!
Thanks so much and see you next time! xoxo