I have been blogging off and on for about 13 years now and I truly love everything about it. The blog has changed a lot over the years but it has always been something in my life I can visit when I am feeling inspired or lost. It gives me a home and a space to share what is important to me! I have also been so fortunate to have met so many amazing people over the course of my blogging journey. I am so grateful to everyone that reads my blog, follows me on my social media channels and supports this little business of mine.
For those of you that I haven’t met, I thought I would share 5 facts about me. I hope you will do the same and share something about yourself below! Thanks again and it’s so nice to meet you!
- I have an irrational fear of broken glass. When I was 5 years old, I was helping my dad take out the trash and a large piece of broken glass had punctured the bag. I ended up with many stitches and a lifetime of awkward moments in restaurants.
- I had a pet snake in college. I will use the term snake very loosely as it was a small pink corn snake named Chanel. She was about the size of a no.2 pencil. I bought her as a birthday present to myself and she was a hit in my college apartment.
- I can’t stand olives. I don’t know why because I will eat and try almost anything, but the flavor and texture are definitely not my jam. I have been known to tell restaurants I am allergic to avoid any possible slip-up.
- I can’t drink caffeine. This is a tough one for me and if you have followed me for a while, you might know that I struggle with energy because of it. About 12 years ago I realized that caffeine was a trigger for my migraines and once I stopped, they basically went away. Worth it, but oh so hard.
- I teach English to kids in China. I have been working with a company called VIPKID for about a year and a half now and it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself and for my family. Not only do I get to meet amazing kids every day, but I also make extra income and work from my home. I will be sharing a full blog post with my experience soon!
And just a couple things you probably do know about me.
- I love pink. Seriously, give me all. the. pink.
- I love champagne.
- I have 2 kiddos, Brayden (5) and Hayes (3)
- I have the most amazing and supportive husband and we have been together 13 years. Blog post on how we met coming soon!
See you next time, friends!