Cool nights call for easy dinners that fill you up and keep you warm and one of my absolute favorites is this 7 ingredient chicken tortilla soup recipe. If you are trying to cut time, just substitute the uncooked chicken for a rotisserie and you are set! I have made this soup 100 times and it still makes my heart happy. What are some of your favorite cool weather recipes?
7 ingredient chicken tortilla soup
* 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or meat of rotisserie chicken)
* 1 x 32oz box of chicken stock
* 1 can of tomato sauce
* 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
* 1 can of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
* 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
* 2 cups of frozen corn
1. Boil chicken in chicken stock for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender enough to pull apart. You might need to add additional water to keep the chicken covered while it is cooking. Only add enough water to keep the chicken covered.
2. After chicken has cooked, remove from stock and pull apart with 2 forks. Once chicken has been pulled apart, add back to the stock.
3. Add tomato sauce, rotel tomatoes, black beans, great northern beans and corn to stock – stir and reduce to simmer.
4. Let soup simmer for about 30 minutes.
5. Top with cheese, sour cream or tortilla strips. Enjoy!