As I have mentioned before, it is so hard for me to stay motivated when it comes to working out. As a mom, I find it so hard to get to the gym and when I do, I want it to not only be effective, but fun. Over the course of my recent fitness journey, I have discovered a few things that have helped me stay motivated so I thought I would share!
It took a long time but my husband and I finally came up with a gym schedule that works for our family and it has made a huge difference in our weekly workouts. For me, I have to stay motivated to get out the door each day because as I always feel like I have 100 things on my plate and could make excuse after excuse on why I should stay home. In order for me to get to the gym, I have used these tips and they have helped so much! Hopefully some of these will help you too. I would love for you to share what tips and tricks you use for staying motivated throughout the week. It’s so hard sometimes to fit it all in!
- Wear cute workout clothes. Okay, so this might sound silly but I swear when I have on something that makes me feel put together and cute, it makes me feel more motivated to leave the house and get to the gym.
- Take Classes. All the classes. This was huge for me. I found that if I went to the gym for an hour and worked out by myself, I would back off the intensity when I would start to get tired. The classes helped me work out and work out hard for that full hour. I am more motivated when the people around me are pushing themselves and I find myself pushing harder too.
- Change up your workouts. Often. I get really bored doing the same thing over and over and I think the body does too. I love trying all of the different classes and machines my gym has to offer. It’s so fun trying new things! Each week I usually take Zumba, Body Pump and Spin and I am always looking for new classes or ways to change it up.
- Go for 10 minutes. Even if you don’t feel like working out, tell yourself that you will just work out for 10 minutes and if you still don’t want to, you can peace. Nine times out of ten, I bet you will stay and finish your workout.
- Find a partner. My husband and I keep each other motivated. If I don’t feel like going one day, he usually talks me into it and reminds me why I wanted to go in the first place. It helps to have that accountability.
- Listen to good music or a great podcast. I have been loving podcasts lately and they have been pushing me through my workouts. They are usually a great length for cardio and if you find a good one, the time will fly. Extra motivation – I have been listening to health and wellness podcasts and just listening to others talk about their health and fitness journeys has kept my butt in gear.
- Set attainable goals. I think one of the issues I have had in the past has been setting goals that were so big I would get disappointed and give up before reaching them. I have learned that for me, setting smaller goals has been a lot more effective. Goals can be anything from weight loss to just getting to the gym 3-4 days a week. Reaching those goals will make you feel great and .keep you going.
Hopefully some of these tips help you in your workout journey! Have a great week and see you next time!