Fridays are tough in our house. Both kids are exhausted from the school week and Peter and I are ready for the weekend. Because of this, we usually opt to stay in for the night. To make Friday’s a bit more special, I have started creating a “Happy Hour” for Peter and I when he gets home from work. I put out a yummy snack that we enjoy with a cocktail and it sets the tone for a relaxed, amazing weekend together.
Peter and I have enjoyed these so much and I have loved trying different themes or treats each week. These have just been so fun for us that I thought sharing our Friday Happy Hour would be a great new series. In turn, I am hoping you can share some of your favorite nibbles or happy hour ideas for us to try!
Last week I made one of our favorite snacks. As a full-blown avocado toast addict, we always have multiple avocados on hand. I knew that we had a busy weekend ahead so I wanted to use those to make my favorite guacamole. This guacamole is so easy and usually, we have most of the ingredients on hand. I also prefer a chunkier guac so for me, not over-mashing is key. If it is not tomato season, I highly recommend using cherry tomatoes. They contain much less juice and they will not make your guacamole watery. If tomatoes are in season, definitely go for a delicious tomato and just make sure to remove the seeds and juices before mixing in.
What are some of your favorite Happy Hour treats?
The Best Guacamole Recipe
- 4 Ripe Avocados Halved and Pitted
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved or Quartered
- 1/4 cup Diced Red Onion Small Dice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 1 Small Jalapeno Finely Diced and Seeded, Optional
- Half and pit each of the avocados and use a spoon to remove the avocados into a bowl
- Roughly mash the avocado in the bowl - do not over mash
- Gently stir in the diced onion, cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, salt, pepper and jalapeno (if using)
- Taste the guacamole and add more salt, pepper or lime juice, if needed
- Serve with chips and enjoy!